How Do I Send a Voice Text with Uconnect
It’s dangerous to use your phone while operating your vehicle. In Washington State it’s even illegal. The recent distracted driver law makes driving while using electronic devices a ticket-able offense. Luckily, if you are a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, or Ram owner your Uconnect system will allow you to connect to most smartphones. With hands-free voice recognition capability you’ll never have to worry about the new distracted driving laws again!
One great feature that will help you stay hands free while driving your new Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, or Ram is the Voice Text option. With voice texting, you can dictate messages to your Uconnect, which will then confirm that the message is correct by repeating it back to you. If you’re satisfied, just say “Send” and your text is sent.
It’s that simple.
The Following video from Uconnect is a tutorial on how to use Voice Text on your Uconnect system:
How to Send a Voice Text with Uconnect
- Press the phone button
- When you hear a beep say “text”
- When prompted, either say the phone number or say the name of the person in your contacts list
- When prompted, say the message you would like sent
- Uconnect will repeat the message back to you for accuracy
- Uconnect will ask you if you would like to send the message.
- If the message is accurate, say “Send”