Rairdon’s Back to School Drive Fosters Hope
Rairdon’s Back-to-School Drive is July 15th.
Education, the tools for school, and a brighter future–all of these are deeply connected to each other…
So Rairdon’s dealerships are making sure that the three of them stay connected with a back-to-school drive beginning July 15th.
The entire drive will last from July 15th – August 15th.
Our effort comes in partnership with Hopelink, a local Seattle organization that combats poverty.
We really appreciate them.
The details are as follows:
From July 15th to August 15th, for every new or used car sold, Rairdon will be providing a back-to-school kit to local Washington-area students living below the poverty line.
We’re confident that this approach is a solid start to connecting our students to a better future.
What’s Inside the Back to School Kit
The back-to-school kit, which supports the back to school drive, will include 3-ring binders, scientific calculators, composition notebooks, divider tabs, graph paper, headphones, highlighters, index cards, pencil boxes/pouches, sharpies/dry erase markers, USB flash drives, and multi-colored backpacks. Basically, everything a student would need to be prepared for school each day.
List of Participating Rairdon Dealerships
13 total Rairdon dealerships will be participating in the back-to-school drive. These include:
- Honda of Sumner
- Honda of Burien
- Honda of Marysville
- Nissan of Auburn
- Subaru of Auburn
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Kirkland
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Marysville
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Bellingham
- Hyundai Bellingham
- Maserati of Kirkland
- FIAT of Kirkland
- Alfa Romeo of Kirkland
More About Hopelink
We really can’t overstate the importance of Hopelink to the local Seattle area.
Their theory of change enables those who are in need to move from having their basic necessities met (think food, nutrition, and housing) to becoming well-equipped to (hopefully be able to) exit poverty.
Hopelink provides access to direct services + connections to qualified resources to make the organization’s theory of change a reality.
Philanthropy Quick Facts
- Did you know? The word philanthropy comes from the Greek philanthropia, which means kindliness, humanity, benevolence, and love to mankind.
- One third of all charitable giving occurs in December (Seattle Times)
- For the 2018 holiday season, Rairdon partnered with Seattle Children’s Hospital for a toy drive. It resulted in 2,000 toys raised (and delivered) from our dealerships to the hospital. The lessons we learned from this event were applied to our big back to school drive.
- Seattle is home to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, an organization that has a huge impact when it comes to improving global health
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos recently launched a major philanthropic effort that consisted of investing $2 billion in housing and preschool education
- Major nonprofits in Seattle include Jubilee Women’s Center, Open Adoption & Family Services, Bread of Life Mission, Ronald McDonald House Charities Western Washington & Alaska, Art With a Heart, and Hopelink
- In past years, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and his wife pledged to give away 99% of their Facebook shares to charity (Seattle Times)
- San Diego, Houston, St. Louis, Tampa/ St. Petersberg, and Dallas were the highest rated charitable communities in the U.S. (as of 2017)
- New York City has 967 large charities (as of 2017)